In case of an emergency event, Everest Point students and staff reunification site is:
Severe/Cold Weather Policy
In cases of severe weather, whether it be snowing and cold in the morning, or dropping temperatures throughout the day, common sense will be used on the appropriate action.
- Please send your student in appropriate weather clothing for the season. Coats, hats, gloves, and shoes with socks are needed for outdoor recess in snow and cold winds.
- Extreme cold weather during the day calls for indoor recess.
- Any time any lightning is seen outside, children are immediately sent inside by the adult on-site at that time.
Inclement Weather Dismissal Procedures
Lightning is a dangerous occurrence that happens frequently in Colorado and it is something that we take very seriously. In the event of inclement weather including lightning or the threat of lightning, EPHA staff will work diligently to alert our parents and families. We will update parents by sending emails. During a Lightning Dismissal, Yellow Flags/Signs will be posted in the carline and/or on the main doors in front of the school.
When lightning occurs at dismissal time, students will be required to remain in the building until a parent or guardian picks their student up and signs them out. During these events, the following procedure will be followed:
1. Students will be brought down to the 1st floor Geneva Conference room (EPHA lunch room) where they will wait quietly with EPHA teachers & staff.
2. Parents of walkers or car riders will come to the front office lobby where they will meet an EPHA staff member who will radio for their student to be sent from the Geneva Conference Room to the CEC Lobby.
3. In the event that the storm and lightning passes and students have not yet been picked up, an "all clear" email will be sent alterting parents students will be released to walk/ride home as normal.